Triond Articles

Dec 5, 2011

Sick As A Dog






Occasional sniffing.  Check. 
Runny nose (now when did it ever learn to jog?). Check.
Watery eyes that ironically feels hot.  Check. 
Coughing (barking is more like it) that hurts the throat like hell, at the same time inducing a mild headache or side stitch.  Check. 
Aaaachoooooo!  Check! 

Okay, if I were in nursery school, I'd probably get three stars stamped on the back of my hand for doing well.  But I am not doing well, and I suppose these are good enough reasons to go home early.  That, or stay half of the time in the office restroom, dabbing my face with cold water just to soothe the stinging in my eyes and wash off the tears. 

Yep, I have contracted the virus circulating at this time of the year, when the weather cannot decide whether to stay cool or not.  Sometimes, it feels like it's already summer, and then it rains in the afternoon when it's not supposed to be the rainy season yet.  The times are changing indeed....literally.  And I thought I was adapting quite well because it has been quite a while since I popped medicines for cough and colds and some antibiotics to add flavor.  Well, here I am with these blue and green "candies" courtesy of the nurse.  Don't they just look cute? My two favorite colors.  Makes taking medicine more fun!  Except that, taking medicines was never fun for me, particularly those big tablets that would take half a liter of water just to shove it down my throat.  Still, I have to be thankful that I was given capsules and not hard tablets that I need to chew, depending on the size.  Cough syrup would have been better, my favorite is the orange flavored one.

Forgive me, I am not having a senile moment here. I am probably just a bit delirious.  Or simply making fun of myself here.  I actually feel feverish now, but I guess that's just the virus dancing around with my antibodies.

I guess I better finish this hot tea (Surprise! It's not coffee) to down the blue capsule and head home in a while.  Uggghhhhhh! (gagging at the antibiotic I just took)  I think this calls for a much needed rest.  Hope tomorrow would be a feel-better day for me.  Hopefully by then, my thoughts are more coherent.

13 comments:

Thanks Eds...feeling better already. I guess the meds kicked in somehow...but am still barking like a dog at times hehehe

get well sis! you need to rest.. hopefully you will feel better

I know how that feels, Brewed. But I didn't get my recent bout with the flu from the virus in the air like you did. Rather, I got mine because I got drenched last weekend. Yup, I love the rain but I hate getting sick. :) Oh well, I hope you get well soon. Take care, Brewed.

Yay,I'm late,lol! At least now for sure you're already feeling well sis! Take care always!

This is an extremely well written article. I will make sure that I will bookmark it and open this page again to read this useful information provided by you.

Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contain very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More