Triond Articles

Nov 14, 2011

Monday Music : Take On Me

Some of you already know that I love guitar music.  So it's not surprising that I have subscribed to Sungha Jung's You Tube channel.  Every time he uploads a new video, I get an email notification.  This video is not his latest, but among the recent ones uploaded within the last couple of months.  I would say he started it out well with the tapping intro.  I'd say it's a difficult piece to execute on just one acoustic guitar.  You know the songs from the eighties, they use lots of those synthesizers that are hard to mimic on conventional instruments.  Listening to Sungha Jung's version of the song takes some getting used to, at least for me.  I've been so accustomed to the original version.  Anyway, here is the once cute little boy who's now all grown up.

Incidentally, he looks like the younger brother of my Lao Shi, a spitting image actually.  Sorry I couldn't post his picture here.  I'll get a good whack on the head if I do that. 



"Take On Me" is actually the only song of A-ha that I know of.  My bad!  I guess it's time for me to review their other songs hehehe.  They say that what really catapulted this song to become famous is the MTV.  I couldn't remember much from the MTV so I did a bit of digging at You Tube.  The only thing I remember is that part where the cartoon version of Morten Harket is running along a narrow corridor with this girl.  I couldn't help but smile at the hairdo and the high waist jeans.  Okay, I was actually laughing.  Couldn't believe that those styles were hip during those times.  I wouldn't be caught dead sporting that look hahaha!  But I really love the instrumentation in this song that I even made it a ring tone on my phone some years ago when phones only had monotones.  Yeah, yeah, I know...baduy. I admit that hahaha!  But it definitely catches my attention when someone calls me.  I tried singing this song too.  I could carry the tune until that final note where my voice splits in various places lol!  I just couldn't hit the last high note the way Morten can. I might have a better future trying it on instruments instead of belting it out.  So anyway, here's the MTV I was talking about.


10 comments:

wahhh ang galing ng batang to, nakakaloka!

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More