Triond Articles

Jul 23, 2010

Fit or Fat?

Am I fit or fat? That is the question I am asking myself right now.  I could pinch something around the middle so maybe I had to lose a bit there.  I am within my body mass index (BMI) but I suppose it's the fat distribution that's the problem.  I just don't know why all these fats get concentrated on where I don't want it.  Sometimes I wonder if I could will those fat molecules to migrate somewhere more appealing.  Hahaha!  Maybe my body fats behave that way to alert me that I am not being very nice to my body.  And so, I am embarking on a quest to trim down my waistline to 26 inches.  You might be wondering why not 24 inches?   I'm just being realistic and I would probably look pitiful with such a small waist. Could it be done? I'll go back to this post in a year and see.  Same day next year, my answer should be "Fit!" without batting an eyelash.  But of course all these things am saying cannot just happen by sheer willpower with no works.  Here are steps I'm planning to take on within the next 12 months:

  1. Eat healthy - meaning more fruits and veggies, eaten raw or slightly blanched.  I can do that.  For protein source, fish and chicken, very limited on red meat.  I'll have to increase my water intake as well. 

  2. Photo by Whologwhy

  3. Exercise.  I'll find a way to do Tai ji everyday and not just during class.  I'll find a good gym also for strength training and see if I could also do Yoga. 

  4. Taiji photo by the Missiah

  5. Sleep well.  Latest time should be 9pm during Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.  All other days I simply can't...you know Tai ji class and midweek service. 
Photo by Perfecto Insecto



Just three things for now....slimmer waist, I'll see you in a few months!

1 comments:

I think joining some exercise classes is better than going to the gym. When in class, you know you can't quit half way and it's a good way to force yourself to exercise!

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More