Triond Articles

Mar 9, 2011

When the Going Gets Tough

thinking, pondering, struggles, being tough
SMERSH@Lloyd, originally uploaded by Ramona.Forcella.
What do they say about when things get kind of difficult? Ah yes, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I've been pondering lately if I am tough enough to keep up with the tasks at hand. I guess, in my training at work, giving up is not an option, no matter how difficult the tasks maybe. I've been given impossible assignments at work. Sometimes, I don't even have the slightest idea how to go about those tasks, but once I accept a task, I see it right to the end, bruises, scratches, and all.

I have learned early on that when you sign up for something, you can't just bail out in the middle of a project or a task and say you've had enough or you can't continue with it anymore because of so many reasons. It just doesn't give a good reflection of one's self. I guess that's why they give a funny name to it...chickening out.

My father also set me a good example about keeping one's word. If you say you'll do something, do it with all that you've got. One never backs down from what he says, even if it means you have to roll over dirt and dust just to be able to deliver what you promised.

In every task and assignment we take on, there will surely be problems along the way. Those who choose to hurdle obstacles and commit to achieving the goal no matter what happens is what separates an achiever to those who shy away from challenges and responsibilities and therefore live a life of mediocrity.

A good question to ask one's self when faced by overwhelming tasks is this: Are you ready to ride the waves or will you just stay on the shore stay safe but miss out on all the fun?

3 comments:

Maybe take a little break and keep going! You can't quit half way, might as well never start it!

I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More