Triond Articles

Nov 10, 2010

140/100

That's my current blood pressure.  Quite high at my age.  They are right about high blood pressure being a silent killer.  I didn't feel any different.  Or maybe, the changes may have been so subtle for me to notice.  It's a wake up call for me to once again review my lifestyle.  My biggest culprit so far, from my view, is the food I eat.  I have been keen on having fruits and veggies but I think I'm not having enough of those.  Plus the fact that I eat out several times in a week.

I took the first step today, as advised by the doctor who examined me yesterday.  So this morning, I had blood drawn from me for blood chemistry.  That's to check for FBS (fasting blood sugar), lipid (cholesterol content, I guess)  and other two tests.  I'll know the results later this afternoon.  No medications prescribed yet.  And I have no intention of having maintenance medicine so I really have to be serious about the lifestyle change I am embarking on.

My goal is to maintain my blood pressure at 110/70 mm Hg.  Tough, but knowing my risks, I have to do something or I won't reach my other goal...to be a centenarian! 


1 comments:

Thank you, your experience is quite encouraging to me. I think this is the best option for me at the moment.

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More